Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Old vs New vs Old Again

I do not intend to discuss whether Albero should or should not be inside the old mall during its demolition. The way I see it, either Albero is trespassing or the person or persons in charge of the place have allowed his admission. Regardless of the circumstances any ill befalling Albero is of his own doing and of no consequence to me.

I have to admit Albero’s photos on the inside of the old mall are quite interesting. Since I remember all the hype of “The Coming” of the mall and it’s construction and grand opening, it certainly brings back a lot of memories of my adolescent years and early adulthood. How many of you remember the signs in the far reaches of the county proclaiming “X” number of minutes to the Salisbury Mall. All those minutes were so grossly understated. I for one hoped that the mall would remain open after the Centre of Salisbury made its debut but with the anchor stores moving almost en masse to the new location the demise of the “Old Mall” was inevitable.

Salisbury---often times to big for it’s own britches, and too small to support two malls.

Is the New Mall realy new now?
Will we see this again in our lifetime? One wonders.

No comments: