Monday, July 30, 2007

More selective reporting

I have to say that Albero has placed an excellent post concerning supreme efforts of the members of Salisbury Fire Department in expressing their love and compassion for our friend and colleague Doug Brown. However in true Albero fashion he has selectively reported only some of the facts in a subtle effort to defame the mayor and city as a whole.

I can verify that that the retired firefighters quickly raised over $1600.00 for the post funeral reception for the family and friends, but I must clarify that the reception cost were approx $650.00 and the additional $1000.00 plus was given generously to the memorial fund for funeral expenses. I am aware this is a minor point but it shows that Albero has again only reported a portion of the story.
I am acutely aware of these figures because I was part of it.

I cannot at this point verify what was donated from the volunteer division, career division, or from the personal wallets and money clips of the members of the Salisbury Fire Dept. and friends of Doug Brown.
I do know in my heart that the donations were extremely generous and in all probability what Albero as stated in his BLOG is true. That being, all funeral expenses were covered and the family has suffered little financial expense in that respect.
Albero has stated accurately---This is brotherhood.
Giving the Devil his due – Thank you for an accurate but partial report.

I feel that it is important to add a few facts that Albero has chosen to omit.
Mayor Tilghman, Mr. John Pick, and Council Vice President Gary Comegys did indeed appear and attend the services for Firefighter Doug Brown. Possibly others from the city administration did as well, but with all the old friends, co-workers, and fellow retirees in attendance it was very hard to keep up with all those present. If I have missed any city officials, I humbly apologize.
The point is that city administration did not in any way shape or form ignore the accomplishments of Firefighter Doug Brown.


Furthermore, I can tell you this. The number of uniforms present was astounding. Not only the Salisbury Fire Department and the local county departments were there, but I saw Anne Arundel, and Montgomery county personnel there as well. They were not simply representatives from those departments—they were Doug’s friends.
Again, if I missed anyone representing another department, I apologize.

I personally know of a retired Firefighter from Montgomery County that traveled from his current home in Georgia to attend this service.

Pardon me, I have digressed in Doug’s honor.

Albero has omitted another fact. Chief See and Deputy Chief Hoppes performed a very touching flag presentation to the family at gravesite in Doug’s honor. Albero’s dislike for Chief See apparently spills over to the extreme omissions of this honor for a lost brother in his "expertise" reporting.

A friend of firefighters indeed. No Thank you---I'll pass.

Doug was so loved.

Next time Albero, Post all the facts. Not just what is fed to you from your mole?

2 comments:

joe albero said...

Dear Ret. Captain Joe:

I have most of the facts, I simply chose not to disclose them. I am NOT one of the Brothers and "I" have no right exposing some of the personal details. That's how "I" felt anyway.

Let it be known I know very well who you are as well, so you better be damn careful what you say. One step over the line with me Pal and you'll be visiting a lawyers office very quickly.

The mere fact that you'll attack the very Post I put up should tell your fellow co workers the kind of a$$hole you've become over time.

If you don't like my Blog, don't return. Again, let me explain myself VERY clear to you. Be VERY careful what you say because I will eat you alive in legal fees.

Don't be stupid and come back acting like a tough guy either because you have never met a man like me before and you'll regret it for as long as you life if you choose to screw with me.

Besides, I think your Post is tatseless and almost bragging rights. Very sad.

I've got a keen eye on you.

TomCat said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.