Saturday, November 10, 2007

Christmas Cards for Soldiers--correction

Last Wendsday I put up a post with an address urging folks to send Christmas Cards to Any American Soldier in Walter Reed Hospital in Washington DC. A reader sent me the following message.



Unfortunately, because of security concerns, the U.S. Postal Service will not process, nor will Walter Reed Hospital accept mail addressed to "Any Service Member" or the like. Any such offering will be returned to sender (if there is a return address) or donated to charities.Click http://www.snopes.com:80/politics/christmas/soldiercards.asp
for more information, and for suggestions for other ways to honor our service members.

I had attempted to research the information on Snopes, but I apparently did not use the proper Keywords. I apologize for the error. It really seemed like a good idea, but I can understand the caution.

Additional note.
I have deleted the original post lest someone misses this one.

No comments: