Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Side 1 of the Bell


MAYOR
B. FRANK KENNERLY

COUNCIL

J. EARNEST JONES

GEO. R. HITCH

E. J. G. PARSONS

L. THOMAS PARKER

EARNEST L. WHITE


McSHANE BELL FOUNDRY CO. BALTIMORE MD.

As I understand it the letters on the bell are not in the original casting. Instead they are made seperately and then brazed to the bell. Over the years some of the letters have fallen off. Lost letters and severe weathering makes it difficult to read all the names. I am not sure if the missing letters will be replaced during restoration. That will left up to the membership committee heading up this project and on the recomendations of McShane foundry.

I am told the process for restoration is quite uniqe and involves the use of horse manure. If I can find out more about that I shall certainly let you know. I am also informed the bell, when finished, will be polished and clear-coated so that it's beauty will be preserved for years to come.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: