The end of this post is credited to "Dave Barry, Presidential Contender"
That may be true but I have no proof of that. Especially since this is not really something new since I have received this several times in the past couple of years through some humor sites I subscribe to.
Non-the less, I find it entertaining enough to pass along. I often find myself very guilty of item # 4. No doubt Albero will agree. (thats all in good fun Albero--please take it as such)
#3 is a very close second in describing my life’s passions. First on my list is of course my spouse and my son. Nothing can replace them.
1. Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill
and a laxative on the same night.
2. If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human
race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full
potential, that word would be "meetings."
3. There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
4. You should not confuse your career with your life.
5. No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it
6. When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one
individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take
command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
7. Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.
8. Never lick a steak knife.
9. Take out the fortune before you eat the cookie.
10. The most powerful force in the universe is gossip.
11. You will never find anybody who can give you a clear and
compelling reason why we observe daylight savings time.
12. You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely
suggests that you think she's pregnant unless you can see an
actual baby emerging from her at that moment.
13. There comes a time when you should stop expecting other
people to make a big deal about your birthday.
That time is age eleven.
14. The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age,
gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that,
deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above-average drivers.
15. The main accomplishment of almost all organized protests is
to annoy people who are not in them.
16. A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not
a nice person. (This is very important. Pay attention.
It never fails.)
17. Your friends love you anyway.
~by Dave Barry, Presidential Contender~