Sunday, September 2, 2007

Beautiful Day

The weather today was perfect for one of our favorite pastimes. Sporting Clays. My spouse and I have enjoyed the sport for about ten years now. I have been very busy this summer handling some personal issues and we have done very little shooting. Also the weather has been just too dog gone hot on some of the days we were free. SO, today we took off early to Owens Station, just outside Greenwood DE to shoot a hundred clays apiece. I forgot to check the schedule and when we arrived we were smack dab in the middle of the club championship. The place was really busy and after taking a gander at some of the target presentations we decided to return on another day.

Not all was lost though. We had a pretty good breakfast, a nice leisurely ride and spent some quality time together, and while at the club we got to chat with some friends we had not seen in a while. Next week end there is another shoot at Owens Station for the “Ceadarfield Ruritan Club”, and over at Woodlands Sporting Clays in Dorchester Co. there will be a benefit shoot for the Dorchester County Farm Bureau Young Farmers.

I certainly hope the weather is as good then as today.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

"PULL"

joe albero said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Soapbox said...

No Albero----I will not allow your allegations and insinuations about other BLOGers to spill over here. Especially when you comments have nothing to do with the post you leave them on. Leave the personal lives out of it.
Period.

Anonymous said...

He is incapable of doing that.
His blog is falling on it's face.....how can you tell? He starts defaming and bad mouthing everyone else.
I use to love sporting clays. Do you shoot at the range over behind parsonsburg?

Soapbox said...

I am not familiar with that one. Tell me more

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry,
It's not sporting clays, it's a trap and skeet club. It's on dagsboro road between Holt and Parsonsburg road.

Soapbox said...

Thats the Salisbury Gun Club. I am a member there. I shoot skeet there occasionaly and I also use the rifle range. There is also a The Sinepuxent Gun Club near Berlin. I am amember there as well. They focus is Trap. They have one skeet field and a 5 stand fiels as well.

joe albero said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Soapbox said...

I told you Albero, when your comment has no merit it gets deleted.

Soapbox said...

And I suppose I should add this. If I were you (and thank heavens I’m not) I wouldn’t cast to many stones over my spelling.