Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sporting Clays Event.

Another great shooting day! The University of Delaware Ag Alumni held their 11th annual sporting clay shoot at Owens Station in Greenwood Delaware. As usual the friend ship was great and the competition was diverse with many "A" class shooters right down to first timers. Believe me folks, this makes for a great day. In out squad was a young man about 11-12 years that had only shot this type of event once before and turned in a very respectable score.

I took first place in the "B" class today. My better half started out very strong and up to the last three station had me on the ropes. However after a couple of real tough target presentations and a little luck on my behalf I managed to edge her out.
Phew. Good thing too or I would have never heard the end of it. Man, that lady can shoot with that Beretta!

While we are the subject of shooting for a cause, take a look at this:




This will also be held at Owens Station and the manager tells me it promises to be a good crowd. Entry fee is $75.00 but it goes to a great cause. Lunch is included and you are entered into a raffle for a new sporting clay gun not to mention all the great people you will be around and as you can see first time shooters are welcome and encouraged.

Click on the title of this post and you will be taken to the Owens Station web site. Click on "location" in the orange box and get easy directions to the range.

See you there!


No comments: